This is the “Old Red” Dallas County Courthouse in a picture taken in 1895, 4 years after it was finished. This picture would have been taken across Houston, between Elm and Main streets, with Houston St. going off to the right, and Main St. going off to the left. Note the bell tower and clock, which was removed in 1919. The platform for this clock tower is still there today. Dallas County is now working on a restoration project, and it will include an attempt to rebuild the clock/bell tower.
THESE IMAGES ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CLEAR PRINTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE PRINTED COPY.