This 1934 view is looking down the dirt road called Broadway St. The “Main St. tracks”, which serviced these buildings, is to the right. The tracks with railroad cars on them to the left, are where the Triple Underpass is today. The photographer is standing under the shadow of the Commerce St. bridge. The steps on the immediate left were to a Commerce St. bridge landing, and sidewalk. The businesses to the left (going away) are Seiberling Rubber Co., Moore and Co. is next to the railroad car on the right, Main St., the Ginger Ale shipping and Sproles Motor Freight with the smokestack in the center of the picture. Beyond that would be Elm St. (about where the man in the dark clothes is standing) and the Southern Rock Island Plow Company (TSBD)’annex’.
THESE IMAGES ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CLEAR PRINTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE PRINTED COPY.