This is a picture looking across Houston Street (going to the right) and Main Street (going to the left), at what was in 1934, Fishburn Motor Company. This building in 1923 was the Houston Street Fire Station, hence the fire station-like tower. Note the Southern Rock Island Plow company (TSBD) building to the right, across Elm St. Also, just visible over the roof is the upper floors of the Sproles Motor Freight company, which was located on the south side of Elm Street, and Broadway.
THESE IMAGES ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CLEAR PRINTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE PRINTED COPY.