Photo5-1934.jpg - 50388 Bytes

This photo is looking south down Houston St. from Main St. The corner building is the East Texas Gas Co., with the Palm Hotel above it. Going left from there is the White and Green Café (AKA Virginia’s Eatery) (white window front, where Bonnie Parker once worked), Gray’s Barber Shop, Farrel Motor and Battery Co. (Garage), Heisel Brothers Repair Shop (white building) and Halls Specialty Co. The corner building farthest away is the Victoria Hotel, which also used the rooms on the second floor above Halls Specialty Co.
THESE IMAGES ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CLEAR PRINTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE PRINTED COPY.