This is the Commerce Street bridge just as it passes Houston St. in 1934. The bridge spanned the old Trinity River channel, and then went into West Dallas. The ‘street’ in the middle, was called the Commerce Street ‘Extension’, and still exists today next to the old Postal Annex, similar to one on Elm St. The business on the corner is the Victoria Hotel, and the business with the awning down the ‘extension’ is the Sieberling Rubber Company.
THESE IMAGES ARE THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE DALLAS PUBLIC LIBRARY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CLEAR PRINTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE PRINTED COPY.